Complete 2 Compete Grants
To Be Considered for the C2C Grant
New and returning students enrolled in the C2C program may be eligible for a renewable $1,000 grant as well as state and federal aid. After completing the C2C survey and being admitted to a participating institution, simply follow the steps below for immediate consideration:
- Download and complete the C2C Grant Application.
- Email the completed application and supporting income verification documentation to the C2C State office at .
- First-time C2C applicants only, complete the current Mississippi Aid Application (MAAPP). See below for the application link and important directions for completing the MAAPP.
- First-time C2C applicants only, complete the current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): https://fafsa.ed.gov/. (First-Time C2C Applicants Only)
Instructions for Completing the MAAPP
To assist you in completing the MAAPP we have provided you with the required responses to each of the questions:
- Date of Birth
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and a Mississippi resident
- High School Graduation Date
- Must have graduated high school at least two years prior to the date you complete this application
- Have you earned or are you currently enrolled in 12 or more hours?
- You may answer YES or NO to qualify for the C2C Grant.
- Have you ever received state aid?
- You may answer YES or NO to qualify for the C2C Grant.
- Prior College: Select the last college you attended. This should be the college you attended more than 24 months ago.
- Institutions to attend: “I plan to attend (name of school).”
- If you answered YES to the prior question “Have you ever received state aid”, you will be required to select BOTH a Fall and Spring institution, even if you are only applying for the Spring term. In this case, please choose the school you are enrolling at for the Spring semester for the Fall institution as well.
- If you answered NO to the prior question “Have you ever received state aid”, and you are applying in the Spring term for the C2C Grant, you will be allowed to submit only a Spring institution.
- For both questions “My current classification is” AND “In August/September my classification will be”
- Classification can NOT be “Graduate”.
- What degree or certificate will you be working on in 2022-23?
- Depending on when you complete the application, you may need to answer this question regarding the degree or certificate you will be working on in 21-22.
- You must be pursuing your first associate degree or bachelor’s degree.
- As part of the C2C program, you cannot be pursuing a certificate, second postsecondary degree, nor a graduate or professional degree.
- Have you completed any college degrees?
- You may answer YES or NO, but if you select YES, you may only have a Certificate. To be eligible, a student can NOT already have earned an associate or bachelor’s degree.
- Are you planning to enroll full-time or part-time?
- Student can be enrolling full-time or part-time.
If you answer all the previous requirements as specified, you should see the following C2C screening questions:
- Have you been enrolled in a college or university at any time during the last 24 months?
- If YES, then student is not eligible for C2C and will not be flagged as a C2C student for consideration.
- If NO, then:
- Are you planning to re-enroll in a college or university through the Complete 2 Compete program?
- Answer YES to be considered for C2C and click NEXT.
- If NO, you will not be flagged as a C2C student and will not be considered for the grant.
- You will see a new screen with the following statement: You may be eligible for financial assistance through the Complete 2 Compete program if you also complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Click NEXT to proceed to the Household Verification Worksheet.
NOTE: If you did not see the C2C screening questions, please go back and review your answers using the above guidelines. To be identified as an eligible C2C student and C2C Grant applicant, you must be able to access the C2C screening questions and answer them as specified.
Check Your FAFSA and MAAPP Status
Please be sure to check the status of BOTH your FAFSA and MAAPP weekly. If you are required to submit any additional information to complete the MAAPP, you will be notified within your application.
Check the status of your Mississippi Aid Application (or complete missing documents/information):
- From this webpage, select “Submit or View MAAPP” (orange button above).
- Enter requested personal information to login.
- On the “Overview” tab, you will see a list of “Missing Documents”. If you the statement, “There are no missing documents at this time”, then your application is complete. Missing documents will be listed as “Still Needed”. Examples of missing documents may include “FAFSA” or “MS Current Year Tax Return.” Click “View All” for more information and for instructions for submission.
- If FAFSA is included on the list of missing documents, you must log in to the FAFSA website to complete this application.
- To be eligible for the C2C Grant, you must provide two forms of documentation to prove Mississippi residency. The preferred residency documents are the Mississippi driver’s license, which can be submitted electronically during the online application, and the FAFSA. Alternate residency documents that will be accepted include the State Tax Return (NOT Federal Tax Return) for the current tax filing year, homestead exemption, voter registration, and vehicle registration. These are the ONLY documents accepted.
If you have questions about your MAAPP (missing documents, etc.), please contact the Mississippi Office of Student Financial Aid (SFA) at 601.432.6997 or 1.800.327.2980.
NOTE: SFA cannot answer questions about your FAFSA (other than whether or not it has been received), the overall status of your C2C Grant Application, or the disbursement of C2C Grant funds.
C2C Grant Award Process and Timeline
Once you have submitted the C2C Grant application and income verification documentation, they will be referred to the C2C Office for grant award consideration.
The application review process can take up to ten (10) days. Once an award decision has been reached you will be notified through email using the email address provided on your original C2C program application.
NOTE: If you are a first-time grant applicant, final grant approval requires verification that you submitted the MAAPP and the FAFSA) and that they are in “complete status”.
Once your application is approved, the award funds will be available for disbursement the day after your enrollment has been verified. Enrollment verification can occur up to fifteen (15) days after the beginning of the term.
Once funds are disbursed, it can take up to an additional two (2) weeks for the payment to be received by the college business office. Your college will follow their own timeline for posting the funds to your account.
Deadlines for C2C Grant Application
- Fall – October 31
- Spring – March 31
- Summer – June 30
Renewing your C2C Grant
To be eligible for a renewed C2C Grant, you must continue enrollment without a break in semesters (summer is excluded) and be in good academic standing with the institution. Additionally, you must submit a new grant application and supporting documentation each academic year.