High School Counselors, please note that HELP Grant supporting documents (grades, ACT Scores, and HELP curriculum certification) are not due until April 30. Only the student’s Mississippi Aid Application (MAAPP) is due March 31 for HELP Grant eligibility.
High school counselors are responsible for submitting the following data elements for every graduating high school senior: cumulative high school GPA (unweighted; calculated on a 4.0 scale), composite ACT score from a national test (and corresponding test date), and certification of the HELP Core Curriculum. Student academic information must be submitted between January 1 and April 30.
Two Ways to Submit Student Academic Information:
- Submit Information for Individual Students: Use this option to submit academic information if you only have a few graduating seniors OR if you wish to update information for an individual student. Select the student in MAAPP and click on the High School tab to edit the student’s academic information.
- Submit a High School Grade File: Use this option to submit academic information for all graduating seniors in a single batch file, referred to as a high school grade file.
- Follow instructions, available below, to prepare the electronic high school grade file.
- In MAAPP, select “Secure Document Share Portal” to upload the file in a safe, secure manner. Step-by-step instructions for uploading to the Share Portal are available HERE. Even though you are logged in to MAAPP, you will need to log in to the Share Portal as well. You will need your Username and Password. Your Username for the Document Share Portal is the same as your Username for MAAPP (unless you changed your MAAPP Username). Your Password is the Document Share Portal PIN located just beneath your name in MAAPP.
- Submit only one grade file per school per year. Do NOT submit multiple files per school (i.e. one counselor submits a file with students A-M and another submits a file with students N-Z) OR multiple files per year (i.e. one file in January and another with updates in April).
- To submit updates for individual students after submitting the grade file, use the first option above to “Submit Information for Individual Students”.
- To submit updated HELP curriculum certification after submitting the grade file, either use the first option above to “Submit Information for Individual Students” OR use the third option here to “Certify the Curriculum for HELP Grant Applicants on the State Aid Application Status Report”.
How to Prepare a High School Grade File:
The following link provides a template for information that should be provided in the electronic high school grade file:
The following documents have been created over time by high school counselors and technical analysts to help counselors extract data from various student information systems.
- SAM System Users (Updated 2015)
- SAM6i System Users
- SAM System Users
- SASI System Users
- OSCAR System Users
- STI System Users